Wednesday 8 June 2011

Two Months To Go!

Tomorrow is bang on two months before I fly out...  I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that.  "Excited" is not the right word.  "Strange" might be a bit closer.  I keep having these moments of feeling completely taken aback about the places I'm going to go and the things I'm going to do.  Two days ago it was "I'm going to Romania".  Yesterday it was "Moscow...".  Today it's "OH MY GOD IT'S ONLY TWO MONTHS UNTIL I FLY OUT!".  Although I am much calmer about the whole thing now than I was a week or so ago.

Today I spent the whole day running round Achieving Things (after I woke up at 11am, that is).  I took my backpack in to have the places where the stitching has pulled resewed.  I went to the Sheepskin Warehouse in Evans Bay, where I used to work, and spent over $100 on merino-possum blend socks and gloves.  I went to the bank, organised the bank cheque for my Canadian working holiday visa, and sent that application away.  I washed my car and took it to Turners to see what they thought they could do with it (sell it for $500 at minimum $300 commission.  Conclusion:  Not Worth It).  I asked at TSB Bank about a Visa, because they have the best charges and rates, but it turns out you have to have a bank account with them for 6 months before they'll approve you for a credit card, so that went out the window too.  AND I tidied my room.  That only leaves me with a list that's most of the length of my arm to complete before I leave!

2 comments:

  1. Yay achievement! But booooo long list of shit to do.
    I should go to bed it's 1:10am, stupid late flight.... :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. More details about your trip!

    I recommend Westpac pretend Visa - it's free (for the first year anyway), and if you use the correct ATMs they don't charge you $8 or $12 or whatever it is as a 'foreign ATM fee'. Or any Westpac Visa really. :) (Possibly TSB have the same thing?)

    ReplyDelete