Thursday 16 June 2011

Staff Meeting and Postal Tag

In an hour or so, we're having a staff meeting. The main purpose of this meeting is to announce who's taking over my job when I finish in 6 weeks time.

It's another one of those situations that makes me really unsure of how I feel. Right now, I'm apprehensive and a little bit sad. It's not a moment I've been looking forward to. That's My Job, and it's been My Job for a long time now. I was there from almost the start of the company, I was the first and only Staff Manager (til now), and I even helped to figure out what exactly the job was going to encompass. I've written all the paperwork. I've hired most of the staff, and at the absolute minimum I played a role in training each of them. It's been a huge part of my life for nearly four years. So no, handing over the reigns is not going to be easy.

But it's time.

On a different note, I finally received my Criminal Record document from the Police. I do not understand how that took an entire month. The whole thing was two lines long, it only needed to say "this person has no criminal record in our system, love from the Police". Grr... Anyway. So I put the letter with everything else I'd already organised to send away for my Canadian working holiday visa, checked it all off against the list, took it all to the post office, and put it in the post with much relief and lightness of heart.

Two days ago I got the whole lot sent back. I hadn't signed one of the pages. It was signed and back in the post that afternoon. At this rate I'll be inviting the Thorndon post office staff to my leaving do!

1 comment:

  1. Aren't the police wonderful ;p lol I had the same thing with my record. Took them ages lol.
    Sounds like you have done an awesome job with your work. It's always hard to hand something over when you have been so involved in it's creation.

    ReplyDelete